Bathroom remodeling ideas for yourBathroom remodeling ideas are not just for those looking to sell their house, a good idea comes in handy any time you decide to give your bathroom a facelift. Your home’s bathrooms are often times some of the most used rooms in your home. This means they typically see a lot of wear and tear through the years. Having a remodel done can bring new life to your current bathroom and give your bathroom a relaxing atmosphere again.
There are so many ways that you can remodel your bathroom it will make your head spin. So we have compiled a list of some of the most popular bathroom remodeling ideas.
1. Wall Tiles: Wall tiles are often one of the first things people tend to think about when having a bathroom remodeled. A lot of times you will hear from people that the classic 4 inch wall tiles are out of style and should be replaced with newer style tiles. The truth is though, that while the newer size tiles have different looks and styles to them, it is your bathroom. Your bathroom needs to be what you like, and what your taste is. With that said, if you are looking to sell your house in the near future, then we would recommend going with the newer style tiles. While it may not really add more value to the home over a 4 inch tile. It has a more modern feel to it. A lot of home buyers in today’s world are looking for that feel to the home. You can always talk to one of our designers for newer bathroom remodeling ideas.
2. Floor tiles: Using a lighter color tile can give the feel of having more space in your bathroom. If one of the reasons you are considering giving your bathroom a facelift is due to the feel of being small. Then use a larger tile with a light color and run them diagonal. The way the lines run will give the illusion of being larger than it really is.
3. Heated Floor: Have you thought about heated floors? one of the most overlooked things when looking for bathroom remodeling ideas is a heated floor. Your family will love the new floors and this can be a huge selling point that brings a great added value to your home.
4. Vanity: Often times, one of the biggest things that goes overlooked is the vanity. When looking at a vanity, look for one that blends in with the rest of your style. What does this mean? Simply put sometimes it is easier to choose a vanity first and then model the rest of your bathroom around this. This is one of the first things that will vath a person’s eye. So you want it to feel like it belongs in the bathroom and fits seamlessly with the whole style.
5. Faucets: What kind of faucet are you looking for? Once an afterthought to a bathroom, a nice faucet can bring your whole design together. And there are so many different types and even styles out there the options are really endless. One of the newer styles that are getting to be popular are low flow water faucets. While these do save a lot on the water bill every year. If you have hard water. The reduced splash of these faucets can really keep your bathroom looking great.
6. Toilets: Ah yes the infamous toilet. This is one of the easiest things to replace to give your bathroom a quick new look and feel. Many homes have the traditional white toilet with a tank on them. But that is not the only option these days. Toilets have become more and more a decorative piece to your bathroom just as much as a vanity.
7. Lighting: We can not stress lighting in a bathroom enough. The biggest thing we run across when doing a bathroom remodel is not enough lighting. There are multiple ways to solve this issue. From adding a skylight to adding LED lights. Or you can simple add more lights to a bathroom to add more light to certain areas.
8. Shower: If you have the room during your project consider adding a separate shower to your bathroom. While keeping the tub as more for leisure. One of the newer things that people are really asking for is the multi head shower. And no we are not talking about the old dial systems where you turn a knob for different water effects. This bathroom remodeling idea is bound to increase the value of your home.
9. Colors: The easiest bathroom remodeling idea is a simple color change. This can usually be done with just a fresh coat of paint and new decorations. the general rule of thumb is the 60 – 30 – 10 rule. the basic break down is this. 60% of your bathroom should be in your main color. 30% of your bathroom should be in a secondary color while 10% should be in an accent color. When thinking of color combinations try to stay away from the unusual ones. Like a dark green and a fire engine red. Not that there is anything wrong in general with this. But a bathroom is normally too small to effectively pull off these color combinations.
If you are looking for ideas or just advice in general give one of our bathroom designers a call today.